Monday 24 May 2010

blatant sexism?

One of the things I don't like in the IT industry is the sexism which exists. Strangely however it seems to be inverse sexism in my experience. Without doubt there is a pro-female gender bias in the Govt and big business arena within Australia. They want to get "equality" of workforce when there is not an equal number of men VS women graduating from uni / applying for jobs in IT.

Looking for work recently on a major Australian employment site I came across this gem example ...

IBM-notSexist

Hmmm ... FEMALE PIONEERS ... start being one? So, should I go for a gender change?

What if I don't want to be a female pioneer, but a male one?

According to the text IBM says they don't focus on gender ... perhaps it was just the ad agency and noone read the ad copy ...

sure

2 comments:

Lens Bubble said...

Here in Ontario, same thing exists. I think the previous government mandated that there should be a certain percentage of female and minority in the workforce. I always thought it's the skill/knowledge that counts.

Njoki said...

I greatly doubt that it got anything to do with gender, if someone is ethusiastic enough and highly motivated, they don't have to be given exemptions or anything...they have to do all they can to make it on their own self.